Creator's website link: http://mythemeshop.com/plugins/wp-review/
Tags: review, schema.org, rating, schema, user rating, google rating, star rating, product review
Requires at least: 4.0
Tested up to: 5.3.2
Stable tag: 5.3.0
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Create reviews! Choose from Stars, Percentages or Points for review scores. Supports Retina Display, WPMU & Unlimited Color Schemes.
== Description ==
= Complete Setup Tutorial =
Did you always want to increase the user interaction on your website by rating products/services/anything? We at MyThemeShop understand your need, & created a premium Review plugin. We are now distributing it for FREE to give back to the WordPress community. We have been given so much by the WordPress community, it's time to give back.
**WP Review plugin** is an easy yet powerful way to review content easily, without affecting the speed of your site. If you're a blogger, you probably occasionally review or rank products, services, tools, recipes, or other content on your site. WP Review plugin is a customizable and lightweight way to create reviews, using stars, percentage or point rating, and it includes support for translation, WPMU, Google rich snippets and unlimited colors. Just install it and follow the simple configuration instructions to place it in your desired location.
= Why WP Review from MyThemeShop: =
* Fastest review plugin.
* Stars, percentage and point rating system.
* Supports 19 Different Schema Types(schema.org)
* 100% Fluid Responsive.
* 2 Review box templates
* Option to set Global Position.
* Option to change Global Colors.
* Option to change individual review Colors and Positions.
* Included tabbed widget to show recent reviews and popular reviews.
* WP Multisite and Multiuser (WPMU / WPMS / WordPress MU) compatible.
* Design it as you want, unlimited color options.
* Easily use it in both Free and Premium WordPress Themes.
* Translation Ready.
* Reviews are displayed to visitors in a friendly format.
* Completely customizable, including which fields to ask for, require, and show.
* Minimal design but could be instantly made modern.
* Works with caching plugins and all majority of themes.
* Easy to modify the CSS to better fit your theme style.
* Support for adding your own custom fields.
* Minimalist, lightweight, and efficient code means that your users won't notice any hiccups.
* Position it above or below the content with ease and no coding.
* Supports Shortcode `[wp-review]` to show review anywhere in post.
* Developer friendly - Useful filters are included! So you can use it in your themes.
= Support =
All support for this plugin is provided through our forums. If you have not registered yet, you can do so for FREE by **signing up** on our website.
You can also check our WordPress Training videos
If you still feel stuck, please feel free to open a new thread on our Support Forum. A member of our support team will be happy to help.
= Developer Zone =
Yes, this plugin is so developer friendly, so you could use it with any theme you develop. Define default CSS, custom position, one line integration in your theme's code.
Show average review in your theme using below function:
You can find full list of the available filters here https://github.com/MyThemeShopTeam/WP-Review/blob/master/filter-list.php
GitHub link: https://github.com/MyThemeShopTeam/WP-Review/
You can also use the WP Review plugin for creating product reviews and pair it up with a WordPress Ecommerce Theme to increase the trust of new users on your website.
== Installation ==
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
1. Upload the `wp-review` folder to the to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
2. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
3. You can see rating options on single post editor.
4. Configure the available rating options as you want.
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= User rating not working =
Please disable all plugins and check if rating is working properly. Then you can enable all plugins one by one to find out which plugin is conflicting with WP Rating plugin.
== Screenshots ==
1. Options Panel
2. Plugin Options
3. Plugin Options 2
4. Review Widget
5. Star Review type
6. Point Review type
7. Percentage Review type
== Changelog ==
= v5.3.0 (Jan 20, 2020) =
* Added support for 19 different schema types, this update will fix the [Google SERP rating issue](https://webmasters.googleblog.com/2019/09/making-review-rich-results-more-helpful.html). Please make sure to edit old posts and change the default Schema Type.
= v5.2.9 (Dec 14, 2019) =
* Improved comments number translation
* Fixed an issue where widget tab titles are not saving
= v5.2.8 (Aug 21, 2019) =
* Fixed "The text contains 'CSS !important', which is disallowed." error
= v5.2.7 (Aug 14, 2019) =
* Fixed button review box button styling in AMP pages
* Fixed one rare PHP error
* Improved notice dismiss functionality for old users
= v5.2.6 (Aug 13, 2019) =
* Fixed the notice reappearing issue if transients are cleared or expired
= v5.2.5 (Jul 26, 2019) =
* Fixed review drafts showing up in the Widget
= v5.2.4 (Jul 12, 2019) =
* Fixed an issue with the notice not getting dismissed. Should not happen anymore. Closed and it shouldn't show anymore.
= v5.2.3 (Jul 12, 2019) =
* Remove unused code
* Fix Review nag notice shows up too early
= v5.2.2 (Jul 12, 2019) =
* Fixed vulnerability issue
= v5.2.1 (Jun 18, 2019) =
* Added shortcode support in review description
* Added a way to help users easily leave a review, with a dismissible notice
* Fixed conflict with Woodmart plugin
= v5.2.0 (Feb 18, 2019) =
* Added AMP support
* Added an inline payment form for upgrading
* Removed popup content from non WP Review admin pages
* Restricted one review per IP address
* Fixed: visitor's rich snippet code was not printing if there were no feature items present
= v5.1.8 (Jan 26, 2019) =
* Removed the conditions that check and disables the Schema added by Rank Math plugin.
= v5.1.7 (Dec 26, 2018) =
* Added support for '#' in the review links
= v5.1.6 (Dec 7, 2018) =
* Fixed meta boxes not hiding when set Review type to 'none'
* Fixed WordPress 5.0 block editor conflict
= v5.1.5 (Dec 4, 2018) =
* Fixed missing files in the single page editor
= v5.1.4 (Nov 22, 2018) =
* Added unique class for each thumb layout
= v5.1.3 (Nov 14, 2018) =
* Fixed editor-plugin.js scripts loading in the front-end
= v5.1.2 (Nov 7, 2018) =
* Fixed wrong total rating calculation
= v5.1.1 (Nov 1, 2018) =
* Fixed PHP error in the review widget
= v5.1.0 (Oct 17, 2018) =
* Removed unnecessary scripts from the non WP Review admin pages
* Fixed total rating disappearing issue if there are no features
* Fixed inactive color issue bug if color filter is used in the theme
* Fixed no space between HTML attributes
* Fixed compatibility issue with Rank Math plugin
* Overall code improvements according to the WPCS & PHPCS
= v5.0.8 (Oct 3, 2018) =
* Fixed adding unnecessary custom field values if the review is not enabled in the post
* Removed blank review links section
= v5.0.7 (Sep 29, 2018) =
* Fixed decimal issue in the total rating value of schema data
* Fixed author rating schema issue in the old posts (if visitor rating is disabled)
= v5.0.6 (Sep 24, 2018) =
* Fixed few global settings were getting applied in the single post
* Changed rating color to yellow for all the backend data
* Fixed small bug related to extra semicolon
= v5.0.5 (Sep 19, 2018) =
* Fixed colorpicker conflict with Avada theme
= v5.0.4 (Sep 18, 2018) =
* Added missing options in the `wp_review_metabox_item_fields` filter
= v5.0.3 (Sep 17, 2018) =
* Fixed PHP notice relates to inactive color
* Fixed wrong inactive color in the review box
* Fixed custom post types not showing in the review widget
* Fixed 500 error happening with the Gutenberg
= v5.0.2 (Sep 14, 2018) =
* Fixed JS Console error on the settings page
* Fixed PHP errors if someone downgrades from premium to free version
* Fixed Gutenberg issue where Description field was not saving
* Fixed default inactive color in the Global Settings
* Fixed empty default colors in the single post's custom layout option
* Fixed color issue in the review box
* Removed plugin related scripts from Customizer page
* Removed unused code
* Reverted total review's maxed decimal value from 2 to 1
* Updated select2 script
* Minor CSS improvements
= v5.0.1 (Sep 10, 2018) =
* Fixed demo data import issue
= v5.0.0 (Sep 10, 2018) =
* Entire plugin re-written from scratch for better performance
* Improved compatibility with Gutenberg plugin
* Added an extra template design
* Added an option to set inactive star color
* Added an option to restrict ratings to registered users only
* Added an option to allow multiple reviews per account
* Added an option to select default review (No Review/ Star/ Point/ Percentage) type
* Added an option to add links in the review box
* Added an option to import demo review data
* Added an option to Import Plugin Review Settings
* Added an option to Export Plugin Review Settings
* Added an option to show admin or user rating in the search results
* Added class to hide placeholder image in the tabbed widget
* Added support for WordPress multisite
= v4.0.17 (Jul 17, 2018) =
* Fixed Banner alignment issue on the settings page
* Fixed Single page settings JS console error
* Removed margin from the icon which was caused to break the design
= v4.0.16 (Jun 30, 2018) =
* Updated admin notices
= v4.0.15 (Jun 28, 2018) =
* Changed admin notices
= v4.0.14 (Jun 13, 2018) =
* Fixed text-domain issue translations
= v4.0.13 (May 31, 2018) =
* Fixed disable review issue
= v4.0.12 (Apr 21, 2018) =
* Fixed PHP warnings and errors
* Improved code and PHP 7.2 compatibility
= v4.0.11 (Dec 11, 2017) =
* Prevent review-related post fields from getting added when the post has no review
= v4.0.10 (May 23, 2017) =
* Fixed shortcode attribute-related PHP warnings
= v4.0.9 (Feb 11, 2017) =
* Fixed color picker issue in the Theme Customizer
= v4.0.8 (Feb 7, 2017) =
* Improved support for older PHP versions
= v4.0.7 (Mar 26, 2016) =
* Fixed widget title issue
= v4.0.6 (Mar 11, 2016) =
* Embedded full video tutorial
= v4.0.5 (Mar 9, 2016) =
* Fixed: final rating can now be entered manually again
* Fixed: removed unneeded code related to circle review type
= v4.0.4 (Mar 7, 2016) =
* Fixed: backlink option is not enabled by default anymore. Sorry about that!
= v4.0.3 (Mar 5, 2016) =
* Fixed decimals issue in Point reviews
* Fixed bug preventing reviews from appearing on Pages
= v4.0.2 (Mar 4, 2016) =
* Added back missing Widget Title field
= v4.0.1 (Mar 1, 2016) =
* Replaced anonymous functions for compatibility with older PHP versions
* Added optional backlink
* Removed unneeded Review Links metabox
= v4.0.0 (Mar 1, 2016) =
* Huge code improvement and optimization
* Choose any rating type for user reviews (user reviews were restricted to stars before)
* View and edit user ratings from the WordPress dashboard
* Added Drag & Drop for Review Items
* Added Rating Column on 'Posts' page
* For developers: Review box templates: Create custom review box templates
* For developers: Rating type templates: Create custom rating types
* Various bug fixes and improvements
* NOTE: After updating the plugin, existing user ratings must be migrated in Settings > WP Review Pro > Migrate Ratings
= v3.3.5 (Sep 17, 2015) =
* Fixed spelling mistake in notification
= v3.3.4 (Sep 17, 2015) =
* Fixed notification closing issue
= v3.3.3 (Sep 17, 2015) =
* Fixed function conflict with WP Subscribe Plugin
= v3.3.2 (Sep 16, 2015) =
* Switched to PHP 5 style constructor method for the widget class
= v3.3.1 (May 5, 2015) =
* Rating stars are showing on search engine results page
= v3.3 (Mar 14, 2015) =
* Fixed Google structured data testing tool errors and warnings
= v3.2.9 (Feb 2, 2015) =
* Fixed star rating issue on small screens.
= v3.2.8 (Jan 20, 2015) =
* Removed extra closing span tag in markup
* Added Title option for widget
= v3.2.7 (Oct 19, 2014) =
* Added Title Length option for widget
* Added Filter to control default title length
= v3.2.6 (Oct 3, 2014) =
* Added optional 'id' parameter for shortcode
* Added filter to modify style output
= v3.2.5 (Oct 1, 2014) =
* Added loading animation in widget
* Fixed minor bug in user ratings
= v3.2.4 (Oct 1, 2014) =
* Fixed text from review box appearing in widgets
* Fixed PHP notice on reviews with the only total rating and no criteria
= v3.2.3 (Sept 24, 2014) =
* Added version number to wp_enqueue_ functions
* Added filter to remove banner from options page
= v3.2.2 (Sept 12, 2014) =
* Fixed Stars were not appearing in Tabbed Widget.
= v3.2.1 (Sept 11, 2014) =
* Fixed error appearing when plugin settings weren't saved.
* Fixed JS issues.
* Fixed Tabbed Widget issue.
= v3.2 (Sept 9, 2014) =
* Added Options Panel for Global Option
* Added option to set Global Colors.
* Added option to the Global position.
* Added option to add Global Features.
* Added option to change review description title (Summary).
* Added option to hide Description and Total Rating.
* Added option to add your own Total Score.
* Fixed schema tag issue in wp_review_show_total()
* Fixed jQuery issue.
* Fixed post preview issue.
* Fixed conflict with Redux Framework, Visual Composer and Mailpoet.
* Added New Filters.
* Updated No Preview thumbnail.
* Merged Star and Loader icon files in one.
* Fixed many small bugs.
* Optimized code for better performance.
= v3.1 (Mar 30, 2014) =
* Fixed average star rating number issue.
* Added New filter to exclude post types.
* Updated filter list.
= v3.0 (Mar 23, 2014) =
* Major security updates
* New AJAXified Tab widget for Popular and Recent reviews, try it, you going to love it.
* Language file updated fully.
* Added a nonce (a security token) to ensure that the user actually voted from the review
* More developer possibilities
* Added filters for developers. Using a filter is much better than a function for setting the default colors.
* Compatible with WordPress 3.9 Beta
* Plugin will support the widget customizer coming up in WordPress 3.9
= v2.0 (Mar 19, 2014) =
* Fixed the, `'` switching into `/` issue (http://bit.ly/PFMGAq)
* Added `[wp-review]` shortcode to show the ratings anywhere in the content.
* Added an option to not show review automatically in the Review Location drop-down.
* Added support for Custom post types and pages.
* For Developers Added new function for showing only total rating, it could be used in themes' archives. A custom class name can be passed to the function, for easier customization. See `wp_review_show_total()` function in includes/functions.php file. There's also a shortcode for it, just in case: [wp-review-total]
* For Developers Added the default colors which appear in the meta boxes are now stored in an option. It can be modified directly with `update_option()`, or using the new `wp_review_set_default_colors()` function, which is also called on plugin activation to set the plugin's default colors.
* Made small CSS and responsive improvements.
= v1.0 (Feb 18, 2014) =
* Official plugin release.
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...
How to create tabs with HTML and jQuery. Need a tabbed view for your websit...