Donate link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=A9E5VNRBMVBCS
Requires at least: 3.9
Tested up to: 4.9.8
Stable tag: 4.0.4
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Take complete control over the WordPress content editor.
== Description ==
= Welcome =
Welcome to WP Edit. Finally, take control of the default WordPress editor and unlock the power of additional editor tools. Arrange buttons into toolbars the way you want; to ease your workflow. WP Edit adds dozens of additional custom options to the WordPress editor.
= NEW Custom Buttons API =
WP Edit now uses a custom buttons API which allows other plugin/theme developers to add their editor buttons into the WP Edit button configuration; allowing a WP Edit user to place the plugin/theme buttons into any desired location.
Refer your favorite plugin/theme developers to the [WP Edit Custom Buttons API](http://learn.wpeditpro.com/custom-buttons-api/) documentation to get your favorite buttons added to WP Edit.
= Description =
WP Edit is built around three years of custom WordPress development. WP Edit adds extensive, additional editing functionality to the default WordPress editor. Begin creating content like the pros; without knowing a single bit of HTML or CSS.
[Subscribe to our Feedblitz List](http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?Sub=950320), and receive news, update notices and more.
= Most Powerful Features =
WP Edit will provide new buttons, additional options, and extended formatting abilities to the exisiting content editor.
* Easily insert images, media, YouTube videos, and clip art.
* Create tables via a graphical interface.
* Adjust table cell border and background colors.
* No need to learn HTML and CSS (although the basics can certainly help); use buttons with visual interfaces instead!
* Easily access all shortcodes available to your WordPress environment; and insert them into the content editor.
* Use shortcodes to insert columns.. similar to "magazine" style layouts, in your content areas.
= Why should you use this plugin? =
Because WP Edit is the culmination of three years development in the WordPress content editor. You can begin creating content (with advanced layouts); easily insert all types of external media (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.); adjust fonts, styles, colors, and sizes; and much more!
= What is included in the free version? =
* Drag and drop functionality for custom creation of the top row of editor buttons.
* Adds additional editor buttons such as subscript, superscript, insert media, emoticons, search and replace, html editor, preview.. and many more.
* Add your custom editor to excerpt areas and profile descriptions.
* Allow shortcodes in excerpt and widget areas.
* Highlight admin posts/pages based on status (green = published, yellow = draft, etc.)
* Easily import/export plugin options.
= Why should you upgrade to WP Edit Pro? =
* Drag and drop functionality for custom creation of all rows of editor buttons.
* Powerful network installation functionality; WP Network Ready.
* User roles for custom button arrangements; allow different user roles access to different editor buttons.
* Extreme Custom Widget Builder - create custom widgets just like posts or pages.. and insert them into any widget area or the content editor.
= Translations =
* Spanish - Provided by Andrew Kurtis with ["WebHostingHub"](http://www.webhostinghub.com).
= Notes =
* This plugin is provided "as-is"; within the scope of WordPress. We will update this plugin to remain secure, and to follow WP coding standards.
* If you prefer more "dedicated" support, with more advanced and powerful plugin features, please consider upgrading to ["WP Edit Pro"](http://wpeditpro.com).
= Resources =
* ["Complete Guide to WP Edit Buttons"](http://learn.wpeditpro.com/wp-edit-buttons-guide/)
== Installation ==
* From the WP admin panel, click "Plugins" -> "Add new".
* In the browser input box, type "WP Edit".
* Select the "WP Edit" plugin (authored by "josh401"), and click "Install".
* Activate the plugin.
* Download the plugin from this page.
* Save the .zip file to a location on your computer.
* Open the WP admin panel, and click "Plugins" -> "Add new".
* Click "upload".. then browse to the .zip file downloaded from this page.
* Click "Install".. and then "Activate plugin".
* Download the plugin from this page.
* Extract the .zip file to a location on your computer.
* Use either FTP or your hosts cPanel to gain access to your website file directories.
* Browse to the `wp-content/plugins` directory.
* Upload the extracted `wp_edit` folder to this directory location.
* Open the WP admin panel.. click the "Plugins" page.. and click "Activate" under the newly added "WP Edit" plugin.
== Frequently asked questions ==
* Nothing at the moment.
== Screenshots ==
1. Create custom button arrangements from a friendly drag and drop interface.
2. The custom button arrangement will be loaded in the content editor.
3. Eight tabs packed with options.
== Changelog ==
= 4.0.4 =
* Updated function for php7 and backwards compatibility (to rid php warning). Thanks @kendawes!
= 4.0.3 =
* Updated readme.
* Ensured plugin not generating any errors/warnings/notices with current version of WordPress.
* WordPress 5.0 will include "Gutenberg" (please research); and I am working on a compatible WP Edit version.
= 4.0.2 =
* Tested to ensure WP 4.9 compatibility.
* Fixed icon to insert date/time.
* Fixed advanced link nofollow checkbox.
= 4.0.1 =
* Fixed warnings when plugin is network activated (pertaining to buttons options).
* Altered readme file to better display in new WordPress plugins repository design.
= 4.0 =
* Added Custom Buttons API; other plugins/themes can add buttons to WP Edit.
* Added dismissable admin notice for Custom Buttons API (help spread the word!).
* Added plugin rating statistics to sidebar (Please rate and review).
* Added nonce fields for every form submission used to save database options.
* Moved plugins.php page styles to properly enqueue (used for notices).
= 3.9 =
* Added functionality to enable visual editor on BBPress forums (Editor tab).
* Fixed strict standards error on wp_widget_rss_output() function (final fix will be done upstream when WordPress 4.7 is released).
* Adjusted plugin css file.
= 3.8.1 =
* Removed a stray var_dump() function.
= 3.8 =
* Added support for WP Edit toolbars in custom post types excerpt areas.
* Fixed deprecated function. (htmledit_pre changed to format_for_editor) (main.php ~line 115).
* Updated introduction video link.
* Minor changes to ensure WordPress 4.6 compatibility.
* Increased stable tag version.
= 3.7 =
* Fixed Feedblitz image loading insecure over https.
* Fixed WP_PLUGIN_URL constant; switched to using plugins_url() function.
* Fixed profile biography editor.
* Updated compatibility version.
= 3.6 =
* Update to be stable with WordPress 4.4.
== Upgrade Notice ==
Nothing at the moment.
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...