Contributors: mediavine, iova.mihai
Donate link: https://www.mediavine.com
Tags: social share, social sharing, social sharing buttons, social share buttons, social, social media, social share icon, social share counts, social sharing icon
Requires at least: 3.1
Tested up to: 5.2.3
Stable tag: 1.6.2
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Make content. Shape your influence. GROW your reach. The only social plugin you need. Drive meaningful engagement with customizable social sharing.
== Description ==
**The only social sharing plugin you need.**
Grow by Mediavine, formerly Social Pug is an easy, all-in-one social sharing plugin. You can add social share buttons that integrate beautifully with your website’s design, leading to increased engagement and reach.
The free version of this social sharing plugin allows you to customize the four biggest social media platforms; Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
For all social media platforms, you can personalize the social share buttons to your liking. Choose from a variety of designs and utilize custom colors to catch the eye. You can even include social share counts.
You can place the social sharing buttons before and after the post content, or have the social buttons follow your readers as they scroll up and down the page, in the form of a social media floating sidebar.
Display the post’s social share count to showcase the popularity of your content.
= Main Features =
* **Easy Installation and Setup** – Seamlessly set up Grow by Mediavine, formerly Social Pug on your website today!
* **Multiple Share Button Locations** – Choose from various placements on your website: before or after the content, or in a floating sidebar on the left or right of the page. Floating sidebars stick with the reader as they scroll through your site.
* **Customizable Button Labels** – Edit the social buttons’ text to maximize your engagement
* **Retina Ready Sharp Social Sharing Icons** – Grow uses an icon font to display the best looking social media icons on any screen
* **GDPR Compliance** – Your readers’ privacy and peace of mind is important. Grow does not collect, store or distribute any user information.
* **Social Share Counts and Total Share Counts** – Social sharing counts can be displayed for all major social media networks, including Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest
= Premium Features =
* **Custom Social Content** – Set default social media images and descriptions for your content that your users can share on their social media profiles using Custom Open Graph Metadata.
* **10+ Social Media Networks** – Reach more people by adding a multitude of social share networks including Reddit, VK, Yummly, WhatsApp, Buffer, Telegram, Flipboard, Pocket, Tumblr and email
* **Mobile Sticky Footer Social Share Buttons** – Make your website mobile-friendly with sticky footer buttons
* **Pop-Up Social Share Buttons** – Trigger a pop-up with the social sharing buttons when a user starts to scroll, arrives at the bottom of a post or begins to leave your site
* **Custom Button Colors and Hover Colors** – Add any color to your social buttons to match your website’s design and branding.
* **Shortcode for Social Share Buttons** – Place the social buttons anywhere in your template files or the body of your content with the [socialpug_share] shortcode
* **Link Shortening** – Mask long URLs using a shorter version with our Bitly and Branch integrations
* **Google Analytics tracking** – Track the source of your incoming traffic with help from the Google Analytics UTM parameters
* **Follow Buttons Widget** – Attract users to your social media profiles with our [socialpug_follow] shortcode. Place it in your template files or anywhere on your site. Buttons include Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Reddit, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, Twitch, Yummly and Behance
* **Shareable Tweet Feature** – Let your readers easily share a custom tweet with just one click
* **Top Shared Posts Widget** – Showcase your most-shared articles with our customizable widget for sidebars, footers and other widget areas
* **Import / Export Settings** – Transfer all the settings from one website to another with just a few clicks
* **Share Count Recovery** – If you upgraded from HTTP to HTTPS and lost your social share counts, they can be recovered with Grow.
* **Mediavine Support** – Access to Mediavine’s award-winning Publisher Support team 7 days a week for help with technical issues, questions or feedback.
= Website =
== Installation ==
1. Upload the social-pug folder to the '/wp-content/plugins/' directory
1. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
1. Activate each location where you wish the social buttons to appear
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= What social sharing buttons are supported? =
The free version of Grow supports Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn as social sharing buttons.
Pro sharing buttons include: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Reddit, VK, WhatsApp, Pocket, Yummly, Buffer, Tumbler, Xing, Flipboard, Telegram and Mix, as well as buttons for emailing and printing the article.
Pro follow buttons include: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Reddit, VK, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, Twitch, Yummly, Tumblr, Behance, Xing, Github, Telegram and Medium.
= Can I activate tweet count for my Twitter social sharing button? =
Twitter has officially removed support for the tweet count of a URL. Luckily a third party application named OpenShareCount provides an alternative solution. Grow has partnered with OpenShareCount to provide social sharing proof for your Twitter social sharing button.
= Can I customize the social information that is being shared on social media? =
By default, Grow will use the post’s title and featured image to populate what is being shared on social platforms. If you wish to have full control of what content is shared, we will soon be releasing our Pro version, which will include this feature.
= Will your social sharing plugin slow down my website? =
No. Grow is a lightweight plugin that was built with efficiency and pagespeed in mind. Unlike other social sharing plugins, Grow will not slow down your website.
= Do the social share buttons work on only on posts and pages? =
You are not limited to only posts and pages. Both the inline social share buttons and the floating sidebar social share buttons may be placed on any custom post type that your WordPress installation supports.
== Screenshots ==
1. Inline-Content social sharing buttons output
2. Floating Sidebar social share buttons output
3. Floating Sidebar social share buttons configuration page
4. Before and After Content social sharing buttons configuration page
== Changelog ==
= 1.6.2 =
* Fixed: Issue with Facebook social share counts not being pulled properly
= 1.6.1 =
* New: Added Facebook authentication to be able to pull Facebook social share counts
* New: Added sixth column for Inline Content buttons
* Fixed: Issue with ampersand breaking the email button
= 1.6.0 =
* New: Added Email and Print social sharing buttons
* New: Redesigned the admin interface
* New: Added button labels to the floating sidebar social sharing tool
* Misc: Removed Google+ social sharing button
= 1.5.3 =
* Fixed: Bullet point list item issues for social share buttons with certain themes
= 1.5.2 =
* Misc: Code clean-up and compatibility with latest WordPress
= 1.5.1 =
* New: Removed support for OpenShareCount and added support for TwitCount
= 1.5.0 =
* New: Add a Twitter handle to the tweet generated when clicking on the Twitter social sharing button.
* Fixed: Issue with inline social share button labels being added to Yoast meta descriptions.
= 1.4.9 =
* New: Removed support for NewShareCounts in favor of support for OpenShareCount to retrieve Twitter social share counts.
= 1.4.8 =
* Misc: Small admin user interface improvements to make the plugin more user friendly.
= 1.4.7 =
* New: Added social sharing buttons icon animation.
= 1.4.6 =
* New: Added support for the 5th column in the Inline Content Social Sharing tool.
* New: Added feedback form on plugin deactivation.
= 1.4.5 =
* New: Added social media share count statistics meta-box in admin post edit screen.
* Fixed: Issue with Facebook API not pulling social share counts.
= 1.4.4 =
* Misc: Modified the way social share counts are being pulled to improve performance.
* Misc: Added feedback form for admin users.
* Misc: Updated Facebook API version used by the plugin.
= 1.4.3 =
* Fixed: Issue with Twitter opening two pop-up share windows when Twitter's script is added to the page.
= 1.4.2 =
* Misc: Added translation support for strings that were missing it.
= 1.4.1 =
* Misc: Removed Google+ social share count support, due to Google removing it also.
= 1.4.0 =
* Misc: New design for social media buttons labels fields in admin panel to make them more visible
= 1.3.9 =
* New: Added LinkedIn button as a social sharing option
* Misc: Stylised the total social sharing counts for the inline content buttons
= 1.3.8 =
* Fixed: Display issues of the social sharing buttons on different themes
* Misc: Improved accessibility of the admin interface
= 1.3.7 =
* Misc: Code clean-up and small usability improvements in the admin area
= 1.3.6 =
* Misc: Added support for Twitter summary card with large image
= 1.3.5 =
* New: Added option to set a custom value for the mobile device screen width in order to display or hide the social media share buttons
* Misc: Updated the social media icon font
= 1.3.4 =
* New: Added Facebook App Secret field in the settings page in order to unlock Facebook's default limitations when trying to grab the share counts for a post
= 1.3.3 =
* New: Added Facebook App ID field in the settings page in order for posts to pass Facebook's App ID validation
= 1.3.2 =
* Fixed: Performed a security audit and fixed security issues
= 1.3.1 =
* Fixed: Fatal error on some websites.
= 1.3.0 =
* New: Social media share count values are pulled asynchronous for each post after the post loads
* Misc: Refactored social media share system
= 1.2.6 =
* Fixed: XSS vulnerability in plugin settings pages
= 1.2.5 =
* Misc: Small admin interface changes for improved user experience
= 1.2.4 =
* Misc: Added rel="nofollow" to all share buttons
= 1.2.3 =
* Misc: Updated the Facebook social share counts grabber, due to Facebook's recent changes
= 1.2.2 =
* Fixed: Mozilla Firefox users can now change the text labels of the social media buttons for the Inline Content share tool
= 1.2.1 =
* New: Added WooCommerce support for Inline Content buttons before and after the product's short description
= 1.2.0 =
* Misc: Code clean-up
= 1.1.9 =
* New: Share Text option for the Inline Content share buttons
* Misc: Under the hood improvements and refactoring
= 1.1.8 =
* New: Added Twitter tweet counts with the help of http://newsharecounts.com/
= 1.1.7 =
* Fixed: Bug that caused issues in the WordPress admin page in Safari browser
* Fixed: Issues with the Pinterest button on webpages served through HTTPS
= 1.1.6 =
* Misc: New optimised icon font for the icons, that is smaller in size
= 1.1.5 =
* New: Settings page with option to disable the Open Graph tags printed by Social Pug
= 1.1.4 =
* Misc: Code clean up and minor performance improvements
= 1.1.3 =
* New: New bigger Google+ icon
= 1.1.2 =
* Fixed: Needed minor CSS fixes
= 1.1.1 =
* Fixed: PHP notice when outputting the meta tags
= 1.1.0 =
* New: Redesigned the plugin's admin dashboard
* Misc: Minor performance improvements
= 1.0.4 =
* Fixed: Fetching Google+ share counts resulted in PHP warnings and counts were not fetched
= 1.0.3 =
* Fixed: CSS issue where buttons without labels and rounded corners did not get displayed correctly
= 1.0.2 =
* Fixed: Removed un-dismissable admin notification
* Misc: Changed textdomain from "socialpug" to "social-pug" to match the one on WordPress.org
= 1.0.1 =
* Fixed: Share window now opens in pop-up
* Fixed: Small bug that showed the buttons on posts when no post types where selected
= 1.0.0 =
* Initial release.
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...