Contributors: Ibericode, DvanKooten, hchouhan, lapzor
Donate link: https://www.mc4wp.com/#utm_source=wp-plugin-repo&utm_medium=mailchimp-for-wp&utm_campaign=donate-link
Tags: mailchimp, mc4wp, email, marketing, newsletter, subscribe, widget, mc4wp, contact form 7, woocommerce, buddypress, ibericode, mailchimp form
Requires at least: 4.6
Tested up to: 5.3
Stable tag: 4.7.5
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Requires PHP: 5.3
Mailchimp for WordPress, the #1 unofficial Mailchimp plugin.
== Description ==
#### Mailchimp for WordPress
*Allowing your visitors to subscribe to your newsletter should be easy. With this plugin, it finally is.*
This plugin helps you grow your Mailchimp lists and write better newsletters through various methods. You can create good looking opt-in forms or integrate with any existing form on your site, like your comment, contact or checkout form.
#### Some (but not all) features
- Connect with your Mailchimp account in seconds.
- Sign-up forms which are good looking, user-friendly and mobile optimized. You have complete control over the form fields and can send anything you like to Mailchimp.
- Seamless integration with the following plugins:
- Default WordPress Comment Form
- Default WordPress Registration Form
- Contact Form 7
- Gravity Forms
- Ninja Forms 3
- Events Manager
- Easy Digital Downloads
- A multitude of available add-on plugins and integrations:
- [Mailchimp for WordPress Premium](https://www.mc4wp.com/#utm_source=wp-plugin-repo&utm_medium=mailchimp-for-wp&utm_campaign=add-on-list)
- [Mailchimp Top Bar](https://wordpress.org/plugins/mailchimp-top-bar/)
- [Mailchimp Activity](https://wordpress.org/plugins/mc4wp-activity/)
- [Boxzilla Pop-ups](https://wordpress.org/plugins/boxzilla/)
- [Google reCAPTCHA](https://www.google.com/recaptcha/)
- [WPBruiser anti-spam](https://wordpress.org/plugins/goodbye-captcha/)
- Well documented. Our [knowledge base](https://www.mc4wp.com/kb/) is updated daily.
- Developer friendly. For inspiration, check out our [repository of example code snippets](https://github.com/ibericode/mc4wp-snippets).
Become a Premium user
Mailchimp for WordPress has a Premium add-on which comes with several additional benefits.
- Multiple forms
- Advanced e-commerce integration for WooCommerce
- Email notifications
- An easy way to style your forms
- Detailed reports & statistics
#### 4.7.5 - Feb 10, 2020
- Add AMP compatibility to sign-up forms, thanks to Claudiu Lodromanean. This uses the [official AMP plugin for WordPress](https://amp-wp.org).
- Add settings key to WPML config so settings can easily by copied over to translated versions of a form.
- Update CodeMirror to its latest version.
- Escape all string translations.
#### 4.7.4 - Dec 7, 2019
- htaccess config for servers running Apache 2.4 or later.
#### 4.7.3 - Dec 4, 2019
- Top Bar & User Sync add-on using API v2 since version 4.7.1.
- Revert change in formatter for date fields, breaking all forms with date fields in them.
- Add getter method for raw (unmodified) data on form class.
#### 4.7.2 - Nov 27, 2019
- Invalid .htaccess file in case there already is one in the uploads directory.
#### 4.7.1 - Nov 26, 2019
- Update MemberPress hook names. Thanks [Ian Heggaton](https://github.com/pixelated-au)!
- Use WordPress.org translations instead of bundling translation files in plugin itself.
- Write .htaccess to directory of debug log file, to prevent file access.
- Add some convenient hooks for Checkout for WooCommerce.
- Stop parsing shortcodes in text widgets as WordPress core does this since version 4.9.
#### 4.7 - Nov 7, 2019
- Add role=alert to form notices.
- Add setting to pre-check sign-up checkbox for Gravity Forms integrations.
- Add new position for WooCommerce integration: directly after the billing_email field.
- Fix PHP notices for submitting a form and saving a form as an administrator.
- Add link to [Koko Analytics plugin](https://wordpress.org/plugins/koko-analytics/).
#### 4.6.2 - Oct 24, 2019
- Address fields in forms would always be required (even if really optional).
- Add proper SVG admin menu icon.
- Minor overall performance and memory usage improvements.
#### 4.6.1 - Oct 7, 2019
- Fixed list cache usage for WPForms, Gravity Forms and Ninja Forms integrations.
#### 4.6.0 - Oct 7, 2019
- Improved fetch and cache mechanism for retrieving Mailchimp account details, fetching data only when it is required.
- Updated [Mithril](https://mithril.js.org/) and [CodeMirror](https://codemirror.net/) dependencies.
- Decreased size of `forms.js` from 22KB to 9KB.
- No longer requiring jQuery anywhere.
- Increase API HTTP request timeout to 15 seconds.
Please note that installing this update requires you to also update any add-ons like [Mailchimp Top Bar](https://wordpress.org/plugins/mailchimp-top-bar/) and [Mailchimp for WordPress Premium](https://www.mc4wp.com/premium-features/) (if installed).
#### 4.5.5 - Sep 12, 2019
- Google reCAPTCHA script was still loading even if no forms have it enabled.
#### 4.5.4 - Sep 11, 2019
- Removed custom color from menu item for improved accessibility.
- Take birthday field format into account when sending data to Mailchimp.
- Print Google reCAPTCHA script in footer.
- Changed plugin name to MC4WP instead of Mailchimp for WordPress.
#### 4.5.3 - July 23, 2019
- Temporarily switch status of pending subscribers to "unsubscribe" versus deleting susbcriber before re-subscribing.
- Deprecation notice for Gravity Forms version 2.4 and higher.
- Filter out empty tags when applying tags to new subscribers.
- Show all not installed integrations.
- Show notice when form doesn't have a Mailchimp list selected to subscribe people to.
- Check function existence for compatibility with WordPress 4.7
- Don't submit form when Google reCAPTCHA is enabled but errors.
#### 4.5.2 - May 8, 2019
- Accept more truthy values in custom integration for improved compatibility with third-party forms.
- Load Google reCaptcha script in footer (if needed).
#### 4.5.1 - April 8, 2019
- Add sign-up integration for [Give](https://wordpress.org/plugins/give/)
- Add sign-up integration for [UltimateMember](https://wordpress.org/plugins/ultimate-member/)
- Write to debug log if Google reCAPTCHA secret key is incorrect.
- Validate reCAPTCHA keys when savings form settings.
- Allow setting an empty "successfully subscribed" message.
#### 4.5.0 - March 27, 2019
- Built-in integration with Google reCAPTCHA to prevent bots from subscribing to your Mailchimp lists.
#### 4.4.0 - March 1, 2019
- AffiliateWP integration subscribing the wrong user if affiliate ID differs from user ID.
- Renamed "MailChimp" to "Mailchimp" to match Mailchimp's new branding.
- More accurate handling of timeouts for accounts with many MailChimp lists.
- UX improvements for integrations overview page.
- Validate MailChimp API key format when it's entered.
- Improved compatibility with Klarna Checkout in the WooCommerce checkout integration.
- Bumped required PHP version to 5.3 (soft requirement for now).
- Added Gutenberg block for easily adding a form to a post or page.
- Added subscriber tags setting to forms.
#### 4.3.3 - December 31, 2018
- Update WPForms integration to properly detect if the WPForms plugin is activated.
- Write API request parameters to the debug log in case of connection timeouts.
#### 4.3.2 - December 11, 2018
- Use of `readonly` function, which is only available in WordPress 4.9 or later.
#### 4.3.1 - November 28, 2018
- Fatal error on PHP versions older than 5.5
#### 4.3 - November 28, 2018
- Added `MC4WP_API_KEY` PHP constant which can be used to set your Mailchimp API key.
- Add `mc4wp_mailchimp_list_limit` filter hook to modify the maximum number of Mailchimp lists to fetch. Defaults to 200.
- Apply `mc4wp_integration_gravity-forms_options` filter hook on Gravity Forms integration options so the checkbox can be prechecked and the checkbox label text modified.
- The `updated_subscriber` JS event is now fired forms not using AJAX as well (when applicable).
#### 4.2.5 - Sep 11, 2018
- Only re-add subscriber to list if we want to re-trigger a double opt-in confirmation email.
- Change Gravity Forms field name to "Mailchimp for WordPress"
- Get rid of cached result of Mailchimp API connection.
#### 4.2.4 - July 9, 2018
- Ensure type-safety on some global variables.
- Stop showing trashed forms immediately.
- Pre-check Mailchimp list when creating a new form if there is only 1 list.
- Send `null` for unknown values in usage tracking data (only when opted-in).
- Add methods for accessing Mailchimp's e-commerce promo code endpoints to API class.
#### 4.2.3 - June 11, 2018
- Don't wrap "agree to terms" input in hyperlink element.
- Allow [ENTER] key again after field helper overlay is closed.
- Fallback to meta-refresh if redirect fails because of "headers already sent" error.
#### 4.2.2 - May 22, 2018
- Events Manager integration was not working with logged-in users.
- Form preview URL should respect admin HTTP(S) scheme.
- Removed use of PHP 5.4 function.
- Add "agree to terms" checkbox to field helper.
- Add filter `mc4wp_http_request_args`.
#### 4.2.1 - April 11, 2018
- Namespace usage warning when running PHP 5.2
- Remove obsolete `type` attribute from all `