Contributors: chriscct7, smub
Donate link: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wpbeginner-needs-your-help/
Tags: analytics,google analytics,google analytics dashboard,google analytics plugin,google analytics widget,gtag
Requires at least: 3.8.0
Tested up to: 5.3
Stable tag: 6.0.2
License: GPL v3
Connects Google Analytics with your WordPress site. Displays stats to help you understand your users and site content on a whole new level!
== Description ==
The ExactMetrics Google Analytics for WordPress plugin helps you properly setup all the powerful Google Analytics tracking features without writing any code or hiring a developer.
More importantly, over 1 million users love ExactMetrics because of our signature Google Analytics Dashboard that helps you view key Google Analytics stats right inside your WordPress dashboard.
Our goal at ExactMetrics is to help you grow your business faster with data-driven decisions.
This is why we built the most comprehensive Google Analytics plugin for WordPress, so you can setup all the powerful tracking features that website owners otherwise miss out on when simply pasting the analytics code in WordPress.
We go beyond the simple analytics script and add the advanced event tracking, so you can see all important user behavior in WordPress with just a few clicks (without hiring a developer).
Basically, we made the same advanced Google analytics setup that big enterprise companies used to pay thousands of dollars for, available to every small business owner without the high costs.
This is why even the large companies like Microsoft, Quickbooks, Pizza Hut, Delta, Pepsi, Coldwell Bankers, and many others are using Exact Metrics to properly setup Google Analytics and see the custom analytics reports in WordPress.
> ExactMetrics Pro
> This plugin is the lite version of ExactMetrics Pro plugin that comes with all the Google analytics tracking features you will ever need including events tracking, ecommerce tracking, custom dimensions tracking, form conversion tracking, affiliate link tracking, and tons more. Click here to purchase the best premium Google Analytics plugin for WordPress now!
We are on a mission to level the playing field for small businesses, so they can grow their business faster with data-driven decisions.
See what one business owner is saying about ExactMetrics:
> This is absolutely, positively, one of the TOP plugins to install on your WP site. There is no better way to quickly gauge traffic for spikes, surges, and consistency. I installed this on over a dozen WordPress installations and counting, thank you for an outstanding app!
> Daniel Monaghan
= Full ExactMetrics Feature List =
* Accurate Tracking - Properly setup all powerful Google Analytics features with just a few clicks (without hiring a developer)
* Easy Google Analytics Dashboard - See your Google analytics reports right inside your WordPress dashboard with actionable insights.
* Real-time Stats - See who is viewing your website, what they're doing, where they're coming from, how they found your site, and more.
* Ecommerce Tracking - Setup Google Analytics Enhanced eCommerce tracking for WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, & MemberPress (with 1-click).
* GDPR / CCPA Compliant - Automatically make Google Analytics compliant with GDPR, CCPA, and other privacy regulations.
* Affiliate Link Tracking - Automatically track clicks on your affiliate links with our enhanced link attribution.
* Ad Tracking - Automatically track clicks on Google AdSense banner ads inside Google Analytics.
* File Download Tracking - Track every file download with just one-click.
* Outbound link tracking - Track your outbound link clicks inside Google Analytics.
* Custom Dimensions Tracking – Enable Google analytics custom dimensions tracking for WordPress events.
* Author Tracking – See author stats and discover who’s the most popular author on your site.
* Google Analytics for AMP – Add proper Google Analytics tracking for Google AMP.
* Form Conversion Tracking – Track conversions for your WordPress forms. Works with all popular plugins including WPForms, Contact Form 7, Gravity Forms, Formidable Forms, default WordPress comment form, and more.
* Performance Addon - Adjust Google Analytics speed & sample rate, along with other advanced performance features.
* Google Optimize Addon - Enable A/B Testing with Google Optimize and connect it with Google Analytics.
* Custom Events Tracking - Track custom button, menu links, and banner clicks with Google Analytics.
* Referral Tracking - See your top traffic referrals so you can unlock new opportunities.
* Page level insights - Get detailed insights for each post, page, and products, so you can see the most popular areas and sections of your site.
* Popular post tracking - See which pages, posts, and products are the most popular with Google Analytics.
* Scroll Depth tracking - See how far users scroll on your website with automatic scroll tracking in Google Analytics.
= Custom Analytics Reports =
* Overview Report - See the most important Google Analytics data in an easy to understand report, right inside your WordPress dashboard (Save 5 minutes each day).
* Publisher Report - See exactly which content gets the most visit, which affiliate links are performing the best, what new partnership opportunities you should pursue, and more.
* Ecommerce Report - See all your important online store metrics in one place such as total revenue, conversion rate, average order value, top products, top conversion sources, and more.
* Search Console Report - See how well your website is ranking in Google, so you can optimize your SEO to grow your traffic.
* Forms Report - See your conversion stats for various contact forms and lead forms on your website to improve conversions.
* Custom Dimensions Report - See useful stats like most popular authors, best publication times, popular categories, tags, Yoast focus keywords, SEO score, etc.
* Real Time Report - see who is online on your website in real-time, right inside your WordPress dashboard.
* Customizable Google Analytics Dashboard Widget - Our dashboard widget allows you to have quick access to your most important stats at the moment you login to your WordPress dashboard.
* Page Insights in Admin Bar - Easily view analytics for each individual page and post from the ExactMetrics menu in WordPress admin bar while browsing your website.
= Integrations =
* WooCommerce Google Analytics - Automatically setup Google analytics enhanced eCommerce tracking for WooCommerce.
* Easy Digital Downloads Google Analytics - Automatically setup Google analytics enhanced eCommerce tracking for EDD.
* MemberPress Google Analytics - Automatically setup Google analytics enhanced eCommerce tracking for MemberPress.
* WPForms Google Analytics - Automatically setup form conversion tracking for WPForms.
* Formidable Forms Google Analytics - Automatically setup form conversion tracking for Formidable Forms.
* Gravity Forms Google Analytics - Automatically setup form conversion tracking for Gravity Forms.
* Contact Form 7 Google Analytics - Automatically setup form conversion tracking for Contact Form 7.
* Yoast Google Analytics - Automatically setup SEO score tracking for Yoast SEO with custom dimensions.
* Pretty Links Google Analytics - Automatically setup affiliate link tracking for Pretty Links.
* Thirsty Affiliates Google Analytics - Automatically setup affiliate link tracking for Thirsty Affiliates.
* Google AdSense + Google Analytics - Automatically setup banner ads tracking for Google AdSense.
* Google Optimize + Google Analytics - Easily enable A/B testing in WordPress with Google Optimize and Google Analytics.
After reading this comprehensive feature list, you can probably imagine why over 1 million websites use ExactMetrics as their preferred Google Analytics plugin for WordPress.
Give ExactMetrics a try.
Want to unlock more features? Upgrade to our Pro version.
> Love this plugin! It’s got powerful customization options, it’s easy to use, there’s good documentation, and if all that’s not enough, ExactMetrics is quick to provide support. Thanks for this wonderful plugin!
> Julie Dupuis
= Note for Beginners =
Like all WordPress plugins, Google Analytics Dashboard for WordPress by ExactMetrics is only available for self-hosted WordPress sites. This means you will need to switch from WordPress.com to WordPress.org if you want to use this plugin on your WordPress site.
For more details, see this infographic on self hosted WordPress.org vs free WordPress.com
= Credits =
= What's Next =
If you like this plugin, then consider checking out our other projects:
* OptinMonster - Get More Email Subscribers
* WPForms - Best WordPress Contact Form Plugin
* SeedProd - Most popular coming soon & maintenance mode plugin for WordPress
* RafflePress - Popular WordPress giveaway and contest plugin.
* WP Mail SMTP - Fix WordPress email deliverability issue with SMTP.
* All in One SEO Pack - Popular WordPress SEO plugin to help you rank higher.
This plugin would not be possible without the help and support of WPBeginner, the largest free WordPress resource site for beginners. You can learn from our free WordPress Tutorials like how to install WordPress, choose the best WordPress hosting, WordPress glossary, and more.
You can also learn about other best WordPress plugins.
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= Where can I find lite support? =
Lite support is provided exclusively [on our website](https://www.exactmetrics.com/lite-support).
= How can I suggest a new feature, contribute or report a bug? =
You can submit pull requests, feature requests and bug reports on [our GitHub repository](https://github.com/awesomemotive/exactmetrics-repo).
= Documentation, Tutorials and FAQ =
For documentation, tutorials, FAQ and videos check out: [Google Analytics Dashboard for WP by ExactMetrics documentation](https://www.exactmetrics.com/docs/).
== Screenshots ==
1. Google Analytics Dashboard for WP Dashboard Widget (shown in small mode, can be configured to full size or hidden; can also customize reports shown)
2. Google Analytics Dashboard for WP Overview Report
3. Google Analytics Dashboard for WP eCommerce Report
4. Google Analytics Dashboard for WP Settings Page (super simple to use and configure as needed)
== Localization ==
You can translate Google Analytics Dashboard for WP by ExactMetrics on [translate.wordpress.org](https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/google-analytics-dashboard-for-wp).
== Installation ==
1. Install Google Analytics Dashboard for WordPress by ExactMetrics either via the WordPress.org plugin repository or by uploading the files to your server. (See instructions on how to install a WordPress plugin)
2. Activate Google Analytics for WordPress by ExactMetrics.
3. Navigate to the Insights tab in your WordPress admin menu and configure the plugin.
4. Want more features? Purchase ExactMetrics Pro!
== Changelog ==
= 6.0.2: February 25, 2020 =
- New: We added a new "classic" mode to the dashboard based on user feedback. This new mode allows for a more compact, compressed widget to see all the most important information at a glance..
- Tweak: We disabled the eCommerce settings and reports for users that are not using any eCommerce plugin.
- Tweak: We updated the caching interval for reports data to avoid confusion due to timezone settings in Google Analytics.
- Tweak: We updated the administrator not tracking notice to dismiss permanently on first view or button click in addition to the existing "x" icon
= 6.0.1: February 14, 2020 =
- New: The dashboard widget now shows the reports chart.
- Fixed: We changed animation timing as that was preventing certain Safari users from accessing the onboarding wizard.
- Fixed: We fixed a bug with the dashboard widget settings layout for mobile in full-width mode.
- Tweak: We simplified the migration wizard based on previous settings.
= 6.0.0: February 12, 2020 =
- New: Settings panel has been completely redesigned to make it easier than ever to use. We got rid of the multiple settings pages with multiple subpages of the old version and introduced a new settings panel with all of the settings all in a single location. We've updated the settings we offer based on data from our opt-in usage tracking feature, eliminating cumbersome settings that weren't being used, and introducing long demanded new options. We've added helpful new descriptions, tooltips, and validation to make it easier than ever.
- New: The reporting system has been re-invisioned to make it more intuitive and easy to use with a new discrete reports area. The dashboard widget has been updated to add configurable options for report items to show, and now has a full screen mode that you can turn on if desired. We've also added simple ways to enable/disable the reporting areas based on your preferences.
- New: The ExactMetrics tracking system has been redeveloped to be more accurate and easier to use than ever before. With a new well-documented custom actions API available both as a JS function and a simple HTML markup, tracking custom events has never been easier. Our tracking also integrates with many new plugins to ensure compatibility with all of your favorite WordPress tools.
- New: We've worked on dramatically improving performance, and aggressively eliminating bugs reported in previous versions.
= 5.3.10 =
* Adds ability for users to apply to be the first to try new features
* Bug Fixes:
* Compatibility fixes for the newly released PHP 7.4 version.
= 5.3.9 =
* Fixes conflict with WordFence
= 5.3.8 =
* Updates dependency libraries.
* Confirms compatibility with WordPress 5.1 and 5.2.
* Updates dependency libraries.
* Confirms compatibility with WordPress 5.0.
* Replaces "Cheating Huh?"" with "You don’t have permission to do this" to align the error message with recent WP core changes. (core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38332)
= 5.3.5 =
* Bug Fixes:
* Re-tagging release to fix a deployment issue.
= 5.3.4 =
* Adds more robust settings to control various ExactMetrics configuration warnings.
* Adds the ability to opt-into usage tracking.
= 5.3.3 =
* Bug Fixes:
* Updated endpoint for GA auth to use updated system.
* Fixed a bug where the opt-out and exclude DNT options were listed twice.
= 5.3.2 =
* Bug Fixes:
* fixes for user opt-out feature
* use gadwp_useroptout shortcode to easily generate opt-out buttons and links, [more details](https://exactmetrics.com/google-analytics-gdpr-and-user-data-privacy-compliance)
* adding gadwp_gtag_commands and gadwp_gtag_script_path hooks to allow further gtag (Global Site Tag) code customization
* adds opt-out and DNT support for Google Tag Manager
= 184.108.40.206 =
* Bug Fixes:
* avoid tracking issues by not clearing the profiles list on automatic token resets
= 5.3.1 =
* Bug Fixes:
* frontend_item_reports PHP notice when upgrading from a version lower than v220.127.116.11
= 5.3 =
* adds full support for Global Site Tag (gtag.js)
* remove Scroll Depth functionality, since this is now available as a trigger on Google Tag Manager
* adds custom dimensions support for AMP pages with Google Tag Manager tracking
* adds support for button submits
* Bug Fixes:
* form submit events were not following the non-interaction settings
= 18.104.22.168 =
* Bug Fixes:
* fixing a small reporting issue
= 5.2.3 =
* add Google Analytics user opt-out support
* add option to exclude tracking for users sending the Do Not Track header
* add System tab to Errors & Debug screen
* check to avoid using a redeemed access code
* Bug Fixes:
* remove a debugging message
* cURL options were overwritten during regular API calls
= 5.2.2 =
* more informative alerts and suggestions on the authorization screen
* disable autocomplete for the access code input field to avoid reuse of the same unique authorization code
* GADWP Endpoint improvements
* Error reporting improvements
* introducing the gadwp_maps_api_key filter
* Bug Fixes:
* use the theme color palette for the frontend widget
= 5.2.1 =
* avoid submitting empty error reports
* Bug Fixes:
* fixes a bug for custom PHP cURL options
= 5.2 =
* improvements on exponential backoff system
* introduces a new authentication method with endpoints
* multiple updates of plugin's options
* code cleanup
* improvements on error reporting system
* option to report errors to developer
* move the upgrade notice from the Dashboard to plugin's settings page
* enable PHP cURL proxy support using WordPress settings, props by [Joe Hobson](https://github.com/joehobson)
* hide unusable options based on plugin's settings
* Bug Fixes:
* some thrown errors were not displayed on Errors & Debug screen
* analytics icon disappears from post list after quick edit, props by [karex](https://github.com/karex)
* fix for inline SVG links, props by [Andrew Minion](https://github.com/macbookandrew)
* fixes a bug on affiliate events tracking
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...