Plugin Name: Formidable Forms - Contact Forms, Surveys & Quiz Forms Plugin for WordPress
Contributors: formidableforms, sswells, srwells
Tags: forms, contact form, form builder, survey, form maker, form, form creator
Requires at least: 4.6
Tested up to: 5.3.2
Requires PHP: 5.6
Stable tag: 4.04
The most advanced WordPress forms plugin. Go beyond contact forms with our drag & drop form builder for surveys, quiz forms, and more.
== Description ==
= The Most Powerful WordPress form builder plugin on the market =
We built Formidable Forms to offer the "first-ever" solutions-focused WordPress form plugin on the market. You can use our drag & drop WordPress form builder plugin to create contact forms, surveys, quiz forms, registration forms, payment forms, purchase forms, email marketing forms, calculator forms, and just about anything else you can imagine.
At Formidable, creating the most extendable form builder plugin is our #1 priority, so you save time when building even the most advanced forms. Unlike other WordPress form maker plugins that focus solely on building contact forms, we believe in allowing our users to push the limits and create complex forms quickly!
Before we take a deep-dive into the features of the powerful Formidable form builder plugin, you should know that Formidable is 100% mobile responsive so your WordPress forms will always look great on all devices (desktop, laptop, tablets, and smartphones).
On top of that, we have optimized Formidable for speed and maximum server performance. Whether you use Formidable to build a contact form on your own site or an advanced form for your client, you can confidently say that it's one of the FASTEST WordPress form builders on the market.
> Formidable Forms Pro
> This form builder plugin is the lite version of Formidable Forms Pro that comes with all the features you will ever need. Our premium features include repeater fields, email subscription forms, multi-page forms, file upload forms, smart forms with conditional logic, payment integrations, form templates, form relationships, cascading dropdown fields, front-end form editing, powerful Formidable Views to display data in web applications, and far more than just contact forms. Click here to purchase the most advanced premium WordPress form builder plugin now!
You can start with our pre-built templates or create totally custom forms from scratch all with an easy-to-use drag & drop form builder interface.
Let's take a look at all the powerful features that you get with Formidable for making amazing lead forms, subscription forms, request a quote forms, donation forms, payment order forms, surveys, polls and more.
= Drag & Drop Form Maker and Advanced Form Builder =
The Formidable drag & drop form builder allows you to quickly create unlimited surveys, quizzes, registration forms, and just about any other type of form that you want.
Our form builder comes with all the powerful form fields that you need to create a solution-focused form, fast!
* Single line text (for names, phone numbers, addresses, and more)
* Paragraph text
* Radio buttons
* Dropdown select boxes
* Phone number
* Hidden fields
* User ID
* HTML block
= Complete Entry Management for Forms and Surveys =
Formidable allows you to view all your form and survey entries right from your WordPress dashboard.
Once a user submits a form, their response is automatically stored in your WordPress database.
Formidable is a **100% GDPR-friendly** form generator. You can turn off IP tracking or stop saving submissions entirely. Alternatively, you can add a GDPR checkbox field to your lead forms and payment forms to collect consent.
Need to import your leads to another service like MailChimp? No problem. **Export leads to a CSV**, open it in Excel, and import anywhere.
You can also configure unlimited email notifications and autoresponders triggered by form submissions.
On top of that, you can easily customize the success message the user sees after they submit the form, or redirect them to another page for your more advanced form needs.
= The Only Form Maker Plugin with an Advanced Form Styler =
With our built-in form styler, you can instantly customize the look and feel of your forms. With just a few clicks, your email form and advanced forms can be transformed to match your website design.
By default, Formidable applies a single styling template to your WordPress forms. But if you want a custom form style for each individual sidebar form, and registration form, you can upgrade to Formidable Forms Pro.
= Build Smart Surveys with Beautiful Reports =
Formidable comes with a built-in survey feature, so you can quickly create powerful surveys and see beautiful reports.
The best part is that you can do this all within Formidable without any third-party tools.
= Quickly Create Advanced WordPress Registration Forms for Any Use Case =
Whether you need to create a youth sports team, event, or church retreat registration form, Formidable has got you covered. Unlike other form plugins, Formidable comes with a repeater field that allows you to create the most powerful registration forms.
Then, our marketing integrations and APIs can send the email form and other form data anywhere you want.
= Accept Credit Cards and Easily Collect Payments =
By now, you probably already realize the theme that Formidable is more than just a contact form plugin. You can use Formidable to create payment forms and accept credit card payments right from your website.
We offer seamless integration with PayPal, Stripe, and Authorize.net, so you can create order forms and purchase forms with our drag & drop form builder.
You can even use Formidable to create WooCommerce forms with custom fields (more on that later).
= Grow Your Business with Marketing Integrations =
We know that marketing is the key to grow your business. That's why Formidable allows you to connect your WP forms, payment forms, calculators, and advanced forms with a marketing platform of your choice.
We integrate with popular email marketing services like:
* Constant Contact
* Active Campaign
* Campaign Monitor
On top of these native integrations, we also integrate with Zapier, so you can quickly route your form data to over 1,500+ more services with just a few clicks.
= Create Data-Driven Web Applications with Formidable Views =
Formidable Views are by far the most powerful feature that makes Formidable far more than just a form builder plugin. Views allow you to flexibly display any submitted form data on the front-end of your website.
Our customers use Formidable Views to create data-driven web applications like real estate listings, employment listings, event calendars, business or member directories, job boards, and other searchable databases.
As you can see, Formidable is not your average contact form plugin. It's a true all-in-one WordPress form solution.
= Increase Your Sales with WooCommerce Product Order Forms =
Formidable is the only WordPress form builder plugin that offers extensive integration with WooCommerce orders.
Our goal is to empower you to build powerful WooCommerce product order forms, so you can increase your store sales.
You can use Formidable to add a WooCommerce product configurator with custom calculation fields. Then automatically send the order info to the WooCommerce cart with variable pricing options.
Need your customers to upload a file when they purchase a product? No problem. Simply drag & drop a file upload field into your linked up WooCommerce order form and you're done.
You can even show submitted form values in the WooCommerce purchase receipt emails as well as trigger SMS text messages or marketing integrations when an order is completed.
= Make Powerful Quiz Forms & Calculators =
In addition to simple order forms, you can also use Formidable to create quiz forms and calculator forms.
More on quiz forms later, but here are some example web calculators you can quickly add to your WordPress site:
... and our powerful form calculations allow you to build just about any other type of calculator form.
If that wasn't enough, you can also use Formidable to create quizzes, polls, and surveys on your WordPress site and display results. This is great for membership sites, LMS, or just for viral quizzes to grow your email list.
Our goal is to go beyond simple contact forms and allow you to create form-based solutions without any code :)
= Create WordPress User Registration Forms, Profile Forms, and More =
If you run a WordPress membership site, then you need more advanced forms.
The Formidable Form builder allows you to customize your WordPress user registration forms, so you can collect additional data when the user profile is created.
With our front-end editing, you can also build custom profile forms and allow users to keep their profile updated, or even progressively add to the profile from a set of forms, from the first lead form to the last payment form.
Our front-end form editing feature is unique to us, and you will not find any other WordPress form plugin offering such a solution with the level of extendability that we do.
= Beautiful Graphs and Reports to Help You Analyze and Showcase Data =
We believe that data alone does no good if you can't analyze it. That's why we make it easy for you to analyze your survey, quiz, calculator, and other form data with beautiful graphs and reports.
You can even showcase form data on the front-end of your website by embedding graphs in your WordPress posts or pages.
= All the Advanced Form Fields and Features You Need to Grow Your Business =
Formidable goes far above and beyond basic forms to offer all the advanced form fields and features you need to grow your business.
This includes things like multi-page forms, save and continue, cascading form fields, powerful conditional logic, partial submissions, invisible spam protection, front-end user post submission, calculators, user-tracking, and so much more.
We're on a mission to offer an all-in-one solution-focused WordPress form plugin, so you don't have to install 5 plugins alongside your form maker to do everything you want.
= Extend and Customize Your Forms - Developer's Dream Come True =
Formidable is the form plugin of choice for smart developers, freelancers, and agencies because it helps them build complex form solutions and basic forms quickly and defy the limits imposed by time and knowledge.
Our goal is to help you build complex websites with low overhead. We believe big projects don't always need big resources.
That's why we made Formidable the most extendable WordPress form builder plugin on the market.
You can easily route your form data with our powerful API. Formidable Views allow you to display form data anywhere on the front-end, so you can quickly create data-driven web applications.
On top of that, our hooks and filters allow you to extend Formidable to meet your needs. We even include hundreds of code examples in our docs to give you the confidence to get started.
= Full Formidable Feature List =
Since Formidable is not your average WordPress form plugin, this feature list is going to be very long. Grab a cup of coffee and read through, or just install the most powerful WordPress form maker, your choice :)
* Online drag and drop form builder. Build everything from contact forms and email forms to calculators and complex online forms. Make amazing forms the easy way with a simple WordPress drag and drop form builder. No code required.
* Display form data with Views. Other WordPress form builder plugins only let you collect data. Formidable lets you format, filter, and display form submissions in custom Formidable Views on the front-end of your site. Views turn forms into solutions. Job boards, event calendars, business directories, ratings systems, and management solutions. If you can come up with it, most likely Formidable can handle it.
* Repeating field groups (repeaters). Allow your users to add sets of fields to registration forms, application forms, email forms, calculator forms, and other advanced forms on the fly.
* Drag and drop multiple file upload forms. Easily upload documents, files, photos, and music, with any number of files in job application forms (resumes), WordPress User Profile Forms (avatars), and get a quote forms.
* Multi-step forms with progress bars. Want to increase conversion rates and collect more leads with smart forms? Create beautiful paged forms with rootline and progress indicators. Add conditional logic to page breaks for smart branching forms.
* Cascading lookup fields. Change values in other form fields or drill down through options to reveal a final value. Designed for year/make/model fields in auto forms and country/state/city fields. You can even use lookup fields to get a price from a separate product form.
* Datepicker fields with advanced datepicker options including blackout dates, dynamic minimum and maximum dates, and inline calendars. Our datepickers are great for email forms, basic online booking forms, and event registration forms.
* Create relationships with Dynamic fields. Populate form fields from other forms and link data between two forms without duplication. Form relationships are helpful in a huge number of cases including linking employment application forms to a job, quiz forms to a class, event registration forms to an event, and sports registration forms to a team.
* Add password fields with a password strength meter in WordPress user registration forms, profile forms, and change password forms.
* Collect reviews with star ratings in feedback forms, recipe ratings forms, product review forms, event rating forms, and customer testimonial forms. Then display and share the ratings in Formidable Views.
* Add more field types with our form creator including Rich text fields, Time fields, Scale fields, Slider fields, Toggle fields, Tags fields, Address fields, and Section headings.
* Confirmation fields. Double check email addresses or passwords and prevent typos from cannibalizing your leads.
* Conditional logic for smart forms. Show or hide form fields based on user selections or user roles. Make complex forms simple and increase form conversion rates.
* Send email notifications & autoresponders. Automatically let clients know you received their message. Then create customized email notifications for multiple recipients and get info from an email form to those who need it.
* Email routing: Conditionally send multiple autoresponder emails and notifications based on values in email forms, payment forms, and registration forms.
* Pricing fields for easy eCommerce forms with automatic calculations. Drop in a product field, quantity, and total and you're good to go.
* Calculator forms. Create basic and complex calculations, and even combine text from multiple fields for a mortgage calculator, auto loan calculator, or many other calculator forms. Even a contact form could benefit from calculations for easy quotes and price estimates.
* Visual form style creator. Our form creator for email forms, calculators, and other online forms not only allows you to build forms, but also create branded forms that match your site. Change colors, borders, padding and much more without any code.
* Flexible form layout design. Build mobile responsive forms and advanced form layouts with multiple fields in a row by using our CSS layout classes.
* Mobile-friendly, responsive forms. All of our forms are sized automatically for every screen size. Ensure that everyone can see and submit your surveys, calculator forms, and online forms from any device.
* User submitted front-end posts and pages. Create and edit WordPress posts, pages, and even custom post types from your front-end online forms. Send user-generated content quickly from a post creation form to a page.
* Simple entry management. Flexibly and powerfully display, edit, and delete form entries from anywhere on your site, and specify who has permission to do so. Your logged-in users can fully manage their personal journal entries, weight tracking, guest blog posts, RSVP status, and whatever else you need.
* WordPress front-end editing. Allow users to edit their form entries and posts from the front-end of your site. Create an online journaling platform, member directory, classified ads, community recipes, and more.
* Logged-in users can save and continue partial form submissions. Whether it's a contact form or a long multi-paged form, users can save form progress and pick up right where they left off.
* Graphs and charts for data visualization. Display statistics from surveys, polls, quiz forms, questionnaires, and advanced forms. Or graph the data in a variety of ways that automatically update as new form data is submitted (great for weight tracking over time).
* Form permission settings. Limit visibility of specialized forms based on user role.
* Form entry limits. Limit a registration form, survey, quiz, or directory submissions to only allow one entry per user, IP, or cookie.
* Form scheduling. Open and close event registration and signup forms on a specific date. Or close registration forms when the seat limit or team size has been reached. Want a form for questions about a planned event that auto closes when the event starts? No problem.
* Conditionally redirect to a custom page after a custom search form, quiz form, calculator form, payment form, support ticket form, or other online form is submitted. Help clients get the answers they are looking for, or show a tailored result based on their form selections.
* We believe that forms should be extendable to meet your needs. So we give you access to customize the form HTML (like Contact Form 7), but still keep the ease and speed of a drag & drop form builder plugin. Our team labors for simplicity without sacrificing flexibility.
* Import and export forms, form submissions, styles, and views. Quickly move forms, entries, views and styles to another site. Need to export leads from a form to another service? Check.
* Form templates for instant form building. Get started quickly with the most advanced form creator that includes form templates, style templates, and Formidable View templates. Our WordPress form generator makes it FAST to build job application forms, and other online forms.
* Import our pre-built form/view templates as a shortcut to a final product. Our growing form template library includes payment forms, calculators, a WooCommerce product creator, and more.
* WCAG accessible forms with A11Y and ADA compliance. Don't alienate your audience. Ensure your surveys, quiz forms, calculators, lead capture forms, and other online forms are compliant and available to anyone. Allow those using screenreaders to successfully use and submit your WordPress forms.
* Invisible SPAM protection. Don't waste time sorting through SPAM. Get instant and powerful anti-spam features from honeypot, invisible reCAPTCHA, Akismet, and the WordPress comment blacklist.
* Fill out forms automatically with values from the user profile or posts (i.e. custom fields). When a user is logged in, prefill known values like first name, last name, and email address.
* White label forms. Replace the Formidable branding with your own in the admin area. Plus, we never show "powered by" links in your free contact forms or online forms.
* WordPress user registration forms. Register WordPress users, edit profiles, reset passwords, and add a login form. When using WordPress multisite forms, you can even allow logged in and logged out users to create new subdomains.
* Digital signature forms. Eliminate paper forms with a digital signature field in application forms and advanced forms.
* Form action automation. Schedule form email notifications, SMS messages, and webhooks to trigger at a later time. You can automatically delete guest posts after 30 days, send weekly digest emails, trigger happy birthday text messages from a lead form and much more.
* Formidable Forms API. Send form entries to other REST APIs and add a set of form webhooks. This includes the option to send form entries from one Formidable site to another.
* Quiz maker forms. Write your quiz form questions, submit an entry as the quiz key, and publish the quiz on a page. Then all the quiz form grading is automatically done for you.
* World class support. Have questions or need guidance on how to use our contact form builder or set up your web application? We are happy to help. Our passion with Formidable is to help you defy the limits so you can take on bigger projects, earn more clients, and grow your business.
= Payment Forms, Form APIs, and Marketing Integrations =
In addition to all the features listed above, power up your forms with these integrations.
* PayPal Payment Forms. Automate your business by collecting instant payments and recurring payments from clients. Collect information, calculate a total, and send clients to PayPal from your payment forms.
* Stripe Payment Forms. Keep users on your site while collecting payments from a credit card form. Select from one time and recurring charges in order forms and donation forms.
* Authorize.net AIM Payment Forms. Process one-time payments in order forms, registration forms, and calculator forms with Authorize.net AIM.
* WooCommerce product configurator. Add custom fields to a WooCommerce product order form and collect extra data when a product is added to the cart. Use form calculations for variable pricing, upload a file with the purchase, and send custom emails when a purchase is completed.
* MailChimp Forms. Add and update leads in a MailChimp email marketing list from lead forms, online order forms, and email forms.
* Constant Contact Forms. Create leads automatically in Constant Contact with newsletter signup forms.
* GetResponse Forms. Collect leads in WordPress forms, add them to GetResponse, and trigger GetResponse marketing automations.
* AWeber Forms. Subscribe users to an AWeber mailing list when a newsletter signup form is submitted.
* MailPoet Newsletter forms. Fill your email marketing lists from newsletter signup forms. Then send WordPress newsletters from your own site using MailPoet.
* Highrise Forms. Add leads to your Highrise CRM account any time a WordPress registration form, or payment form is submitted.
* Salesforce Forms. Create leads and any other Salesforce objects directly from your contact page and advanced forms.
* ActiveCampaign Forms. Let your form pull double duty as a payment form, post creation form, email form, user registration form, and an ActiveCampaign integration.
* HubSpot Forms. Route lead form data from your WordPress forms to HubSpot CRM.
* Twilio for SMS Forms. Collect votes and poll responses via SMS text or send SMS notifications when form entries are submitted. Get notified instantly when an important payment form is completed, and let your form leads know you received their message.
* WPML Multilingual Forms. Translate your WordPress forms into multiple languages using our integrated multilingual forms.
* Polylang Multilingual Forms. Get the form creator with Polylang bilingual or multilingual contact forms. Use the form builder to make your form, then translate it without duplicate forms.
* Zapier Forms. Connect with hundreds of different applications through Zapier. Insert a new row in a Google docs spreadsheet, post on Twitter, or upload a Dropbox file from a calculator form, payment form, and more. With Zapier, you have the option to trigger thousands of actions from a lead form, quote form, quiz form, and other online forms.
* Bootstrap Form Styles. Instantly add Bootstrap form styling to survey forms and advanced forms.
* Bootstrap Modal Form. Open login forms, Formidable views, shortcodes, and other content in a Bootstrap modal popup.
After reading this feature list, you can probably imagine why Formidable is the most advanced WordPress form plugin on the market.
Give Formidable Forms a try.
Want to unlock the full power? Upgrade to our Pro forms to get all the features for smart forms and full web applications.
= Credits =
This form builder plugin is created by Steve and Steph Wells and the amazing Formidable Team.
== Installation ==
1. Go to the Plugins -> 'Add New' page in your WP admin area
2. Search for 'Formidable'
3. Click the 'Install Now' button
4. Activate Formidable through the 'Plugins' menu
5. Go to the newly added 'Formidable' menu
6. Click the 'Add New' button to go to the form generator page and create a new email form or advanced form
7. Insert your newly created quiz, or survey form on a page, post, or widget using a shortcode [formidable id=x], Alternatively use `` to add it in a page template
== Screenshots ==
1. Build professional WP forms without any code.
2. Form builder page for creating a survey, quote form, payment form, calculator form, quiz form, and many more.
3. Field Options and CSS Layout Classes on the form creator page
4. Field Options for checkbox fields in the form maker
5. View, create, edit, and delete entries on the back end from a employment application form, to do list, order form, and more.
6. Add a WordPress form into your sidebar with a widget
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= How do I get started with the best WordPress form plugin? =
The fastest way to build a contact form is to use the template we built for you. After you activate Formidable, insert [formidable id=contact-form] on the WordPress page of your choice. That's it!
Want to make a new form? Go to the Formidable -> Forms page and click "add new". Choose the Contact Us form template on the form buider and click "Create".
Next, edit or create a WordPress contact page. Click the "Formidable" button to open the shortcode builder. Choose your contact form and insert it into the WordPress page. Save the contact page for a beautiful WP contact form, ready to collect and store your leads.
Learn more about using the contact form template.
= My WordPress forms are not sending emails. Why not? =
When you do not receive emails, try the following steps:
1. Double check that your email address is present and correct in your Email form action on the form settings page of the form builder. The [admin_email] shortcode uses the email address from your WordPress Settings -> General page.
2. Are receiving other emails from your site (ie comment notifications, forgot password...)? If not, form emails will not work either.
3. Check your SPAM box.
4. Try a different email address in your settings in the form builder.
5. Install WP Mail SMPT or another similar emailing plugin and configure the SMTP settings.
6. If none of these steps fix the email problem and no other WP emails are going out, please get in touch with your web host.
Read more about WordPress emails not sending in our blog.
= What types of WordPress forms can I build with Formidable? =
The Formidable drag & drop form builder combined with our add-ons is the most powerful form maker on the market. Here are some types of WordPress forms you can create:
* Custom Contact Forms
* Multi-Page Forms with progress bar
* Dynamic Forms (where fields change based on user’s answers)
* Request a Quote
* Job Applications
* Feedback Surveys
* Make a Suggestion Form
* Testimonials Form
* Change Requests
* Online Booking Forms
* Event Booking Form
* Online RSVP Forms
* Custom WordPress User Registration Forms (Great for membership sites)
* WordPress Login Forms
* Custom WordPress User Profile Forms
* WordPress Post Submission Forms (Great for Guest Posts)
* Credit Card Payment Forms
* Make a Donation Forms
* T-Shirt Order Forms
* Product Purchase Forms
* Lead Capture Forms
* Newsletter Signup Forms
* Auto Forms with Car Make and Model
* Video Release Forms
* Partnership Agreements
* PTO Request Form
* Online Petitions
* Signature Forms
* Custom Signature Forms
* Maintenance Request Form
* Scholarship Applications
* File Download Forms
* Employment Verification Forms
* Make a Referral Form
* Volunteer Registration Form
* Membership Registration Forms
* Event Registration Forms
* Custom Surveys
* Quiz Forms
* Members Only Contact Form
* Mortgage Calculator
* Car Payment Calculator
* BMI Calculator
* User Age Calculator
* Online Quote Calculator
* Recipe Reviews
= I'd like access to all advanced features. How can I get them? =
To get access to more features, integrations, and support, upgrade to Formidable Forms Pro. A Pro license gives you access to the full version of Formidable Forms for more advanced forms, Formidable Views, graphs and stats, priority support, and Formidable Add-ons!
== Changelog ==
= 4.04 =
* New: Show a warning if a WordPress parameter is used in the redirect URL to prevent unintented results.
* New: Added frm_is_field_type hook to set if an individual field is shown as radio or checkbox
* New: Show the new pricing fields in the builder for product education.
= 4.03.07 =
* Project Delight: Make admin-side tooltips more enjoyable and helpful.
* Add several missing countries to the country list.
* Fix: Prevent duplicate localization strings from showing in the page source.
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...
How to create tabs with HTML and jQuery. Need a tabbed view for your websit...