Donate link: https://www.contentviewspro.com/?utm_source=wordpress&utm_medium=plugin&utm_campaign=donate
Tags: post grid, grid plugin, grid, latest post, display post, post, page, category, responsive, list, thumbnail
Requires at least: 3.3
Tested up to: 5.3.2
Stable tag: 2.3.2
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Create beautiful grid and list of WordPress posts, pages in minutes. No coding required. Mobile friendly. Optimized for performance.
== Description ==
### Easy To Build, Design, Display The Grid/List Of Posts
We believe that a beautiful grid and list of posts with make your WordPress site stand out and keep visitors engaged. That's why we built [Content Views](https://www.contentviewspro.com/?utm_source=wordpress&utm_medium=plugin&utm_campaign=content-views "Content Views"), a WordPress post grid and list plugin that's EASY and POWERFUL.
Content Views helps you to create beautiful grid and list to display the recent posts, the posts of specific category, tag, author easily, without any line of code!
Content Views is a 100% mobile responsive solution, so your grid of posts will always look great on all devices (mobiles, tablets, and desktops).
Content Views also highly optimized for performance, to help improve SEO and conversions.
There is no more pain of creating WordPress posts grid and list.
### Easy to Use
Content Views requires no time to learn, no coding skill to create beautiful grid and list of posts for your WordPress site. There is a friendly form of settings to help you create your grid and list easily. All settings are well organized, with clear descriptions. There is a live preview panel to see your posts grid instantly.
There are 3 simple steps to design your grid by Content Views:
* Step 1: Filter any posts you want to show (with many possible options: ID, category, tag, author, keyword, status).
* Step 2: Select beautiful grid or list layout to display your posts. You can customize the layout in your own way with many useful settings.
* Step 3: Paste generated shortcode to anywhere you want to display your grid of posts.
We have all the settings you need to filter and display any WordPress posts, pages in responsive grid and list layout easily, without coding:
* 100% Responsive and Mobile Friendly
* SEO friendly and optimized for speed
* Pagination support
* Display grid of posts on WordPress page, widget, theme template easily by shortcode
* Display recent posts
* Display posts from specific category, tag, author, ID
* Display posts contain specific keyword
* Display child pages of a parent page
* Show posts' featured images in grid gallery
* Display title, excerpt, full content, thumbnail, published date, author, category, comments count of posts
* Sort posts by date, title
* Limit the number of posts in grid
* Show posts in Collapsible list, useful for a FAQ page
* Show posts in Scrollable list, a simple slider of posts
* Easy to customize and extend with many custom actions, filters hook
* PHP 7 compatible
* GDPR compliance (Content Views does not collect and store any personal data)
Give Content Views a try, and create your WordPress posts grid effortlessly!
### PRO Features
There is Pro version of Content Views plugin that comes with many more valuable features to supercharge your WordPress posts grid and list.
[Upgrade to Pro](https://www.contentviewspro.com/?utm_source=wordpress&utm_medium=plugin&utm_campaign=content-views).
PRO features list:
* Support [WooCommerce](http://sample.contentviewspro.com/supports/woocommerce-3/?utm_source=wordpress&utm_medium=plugin&utm_campaign=content-views), [Easy Digital Downloads](http://sample.contentviewspro.com/supports/easy-digital-downloads/?utm_source=wordpress&utm_medium=plugin&utm_campaign=content-views), [The Events Calendar, Events Manager](http://docs.contentviewspro.com/filter-events-by-date/?utm_source=wordpress&utm_medium=plugin&utm_campaign=content-views)... and other custom post type plugins
* Support [Advanced Custom Fields](http://sample.contentviewspro.com/supports/advanced-custom-fields/?utm_source=wordpress&utm_medium=plugin&utm_campaign=content-views), Pods, Toolset Types, Custom Post Type UI... and other custom field plugins
* Support membership plugins: Paid Memberships Pro, Members, Ultimate Member, MemberPress, MemberMouse, WP eMember
* Support translation plugins: WPML, Polylang, qTranslate
* [More advanced layouts](http://sample.contentviewspro.com/multi-views-on-page/?utm_source=wordpress&utm_medium=plugin&utm_campaign=content-views) - Pinterest, Masonry, Facebook Timeline, Glossary...
* [Grid layout for WordPress Category, Blog, Search, Archive pages](http://sample.contentviewspro.com/category/business/?utm_source=wordpress&utm_medium=plugin&utm_campaign=content-views)
* [Filterable grid](http://sample.contentviewspro.com/shuffle-filter/?utm_source=wordpress&utm_medium=plugin&utm_campaign=content-views)
* [Show grid of categories](http://sample.contentviewspro.com/category-as-output/?utm_source=wordpress&utm_medium=plugin&utm_campaign=content-views)
* [Load More pagination](http://sample.contentviewspro.com/pagination/load-more/?utm_source=wordpress&utm_medium=plugin&utm_campaign=content-views)
* [Infinite Scrolling pagination](http://sample.contentviewspro.com/pagination/infinite-scrolling/?utm_source=wordpress&utm_medium=plugin&utm_campaign=content-views)
* [Media thumbnail](http://sample.contentviewspro.com/advanced/media-thumbnails/?utm_source=wordpress&utm_medium=plugin&utm_campaign=content-views) - Display Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Soundcloud, custom image as thumbnail
* [Social Sharing](http://sample.contentviewspro.com/social-sharing/?utm_source=wordpress&utm_medium=plugin&utm_campaign=content-views) - Show sharing buttons of Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Linkedin, Pinterest for your WordPress posts
* Make money $ online by displaying advertisements (Google Adsense, HTML banner…) in posts grid
* Styling - Customize design without writing CSS
* Drag & drop to customize layout
* Query posts by custom fields
* Show custom fields of posts
* Advanced sorting options - Random order, Custom field, Drag & Drop...
* Custom query parameters
* Right to Left (RTL) support
* And much more!
[Upgrade to Pro](https://www.contentviewspro.com/?utm_source=wordpress&utm_medium=plugin&utm_campaign=content-views).
[See Live Demo](http://sample.contentviewspro.com/?utm_source=wordpress&utm_medium=plugin&utm_campaign=content-views).
== Installation ==
= Using The WordPress Dashboard =
1. Navigate to the 'Add New' in the plugins dashboard
2. Search for 'Content Views'
3. Click 'Install Now'
4. Activate the plugin on the Plugin dashboard
= Uploading in WordPress Dashboard =
1. Navigate to the 'Add New' in the plugins dashboard
2. Navigate to the 'Upload' area
3. Select `content-views-query-and-display-post-page.zip` from your computer
4. Click 'Install Now'
5. Activate the plugin in the Plugin dashboard
= Using FTP =
1. Download `content-views-query-and-display-post-page.zip`
2. Extract the `content-views-query-and-display-post-page` directory to your computer
3. Upload the `content-views-query-and-display-post-page` directory to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
4. Activate the plugin in the Plugin dashboard
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= How to start? =
In WordPress Admin menu, click Content Views > Add New
= What is 'View'? =
'View' is a custom post type, which is used to store all settings to filter & display your posts
= How many Views I can create? =
You can create Unlimited Views, in Unlimited websites
= How to edit a View? =
In WordPress Admin menu, click Content Views. Paste View ID or title to text field beside "Search Views" button, then click the button to search.
Click on Title of View you want to edit.
You will be forwarded to View page.
= How to use View on my home page? =
If you are using a static page as home page, you should paste shortcode **[pt_view id="VIEW_ID"]** to editor of that page.
If you are using "Your latest posts" as home page, you should paste this code `` to a theme file: `front-page.php` or `home.php` or `index.php`.
== Screenshots ==
1. Content Views plugin overview
2. Display Setting form to customize output of queried posts at front-end
3. Query and display in Grid layout (Show Title, Thumbnail)
4. Query and display in Grid layout (Show Title, Thumbnail, Content) with Pagination
5. Query and display in Collapsible layout
6. Query and display in Slider layout
== Changelog ==
= 2.3.2 - 2020/02/21 =
* Update: Better solutions to fix some compatibility issues
= 2.3.1 - 2020/01/21 =
* Compatibility: Avoid issue caused by a hide post plugin (which modifies query without proper checking)
* Fix: Fix text output issue in a layout
= 2.3.0 - 2020/01/13 =
* Update: Improve SEO for Ajax pagination: relace the format `/pages/` (as it caused some issues) by `_page=`; make each component pages accessible individually.
* Update: Add link to title in the Collapsible list
* Update: Show original post title in Collapsible list without stripping HTML tags as previous versions
* New: Add option to show original full content without attempt to balance HTML tags
* Some minor updates and fixes
= 2.2.0 - 2019/05/31 =
* Enhancement: upgrade bootstrap framework to latest secure version 3.4.1
= 184.108.40.206 - 2019/05/07 =
* Tested up to WordPress 5.2
* Prevent grid layout issues caused by grid/flexbox styles of some themes
= 220.127.116.11 - 2019/02/22 =
* Tested up to WordPress 5.1
* Some minor fixes
= 18.104.22.168 - 2019/01/31 =
* Fix: Showing full post content issue caused by last version
= 2.1.3 - 2019/01/29 =
* Security improvement: Prevent direct access to plugin files
* Compatibility: Ensure the full post content (created by "Beaver Builder" plugin) in View is as same as in single post page
* Fix: PHP notice when listing authors
= 2.1.2 - 2018/10/19 =
* Fix: Non-Ajax pagination in custom taxonomy archives causes 404 error
= 2.1.1 - 2018/09/22 =
* Fix: No line-break in Text widget caused by a change in version 2.1
= 2.1 - 2018/09/21 =
* Update: SEO friendly URL for non-Ajax pagination (change from /?_page=N to /pages/N)
* Update: Prevent private taxonomies from being shown in meta fields
* Update: Adjust color of the Content Views icon in Dashboard menu, only highlight on open/click
* Update: Prevent empty p tag from being added to View output in Text widget
* Update: Some other updates & improvements
= 2.0.2 - 2018/04/09 =
* Update: Redirect /?vpage=NUMBER to new URL depending on which page the pagination is showing on
* Compatible Fix: Excerpt of posts created by the Cornerstone Page Builder plugin is incorrect
* Tweak: Update content of the Settings page and description of some settings
= 22.214.171.124 - 2018/01/19 =
* Fix: Embedded URLs (that are on their own line) in post content shows in the excerpt
* Update: Remove dependence of "Show Thumbnail" to "Format" setting, of "Show Taxonomies" to "Content Type" setting
* Dev: Prevent the global $post to be changed while processing the View shortcode in content of a post
* Tweak: Small CSS update
= 126.96.36.199 - 2017/11/16 =
* Update: Only `do_shortcode()` in the post content, text widget if the View shortcode was not done
* Update: Small CSS update for the Collapsible list
= 188.8.131.52 - 2017/11/01 =
* Fix incompatibility with WordPress 4.8.3: No posts found in non-English languages sites
* Tweak: Update and add some texts in Add/Edit View page, Settings page
* Tweak: remove .mo file, rename .po file to .pot file
= 184.108.40.206 - 2017/09/25 =
* Compatible Fix: "Sort by" feature always returns a same order, when the "Intuitive Custom Post Order" plugin is in used
* Compatible Fix: Resolve conflict with Slider Revolution plugin
= 220.127.116.11 - 2017/08/19 =
* Fix: Text is invisible in some cases when select "Do not wrap text around image" setting
* Improvement: Update pages list of ajax pagination more dynamically
* Dev: Add filter "comments_count" to customize comment output
* Dev: Add filter "hierarchical_post_type" to enable "Parent Page" settings for other post types
= 18.104.22.168 - 2017/06/09 =
* Compatible Fix: Posts of excluded categories in "Ultimate category excluder" plugin don't show in View output
* Update: Remove SESSION usage & relative functions
* Improvement: Cleanup View transients from database
* Tested up to 4.8
= 22.214.171.124 - 2017/05/24 =
* New: Add setting to not wrap text around image (when show thumbnail on the left/right of text)
* Tweak: Add class to each pagination item
* Tweak: Change class of scrollable carousel element
* Tweak: Update README.txt
* Dev: Add some filters
= 126.96.36.199 - 2017/04/26 =
* Fix: Compatible with latest version 2.5.2 of **Page Builder by SiteOrigin** plugin (excerpt of posts built with that plugin is invalid after update)
* Tweak: Add `pt_cv_taxonomy_settings` filter to modify taxonomy settings
= 1.9.8 - 2017/04/17 =
* Update: Remove default font-size of Title
* Fix: "Sort by" feature always returns a same order, when the "Simple Custom Post Order" plugin is in used
* Fix: View output doesn't appear correctly in page created by OptimizePress plugin
= 1.9.7 - 2017/03/28 =
* New: Add setting to change HTML tag for Title
* Update: Show message in Preview panel when enabled Pagination but there is only 1 page
* Tweak: More useful information in Content Views >> Settings page
* Improvement: Refactor some code to improve performance
= 1.9.6 - 2017/03/08 =
* Fix: Shortcode of "Visual Composer" plugin is visible in content of posts loaded by Ajax pagination
* Fix: "Sort by" feature always returns a same order, when the "Post Types Order" plugin is in used
* Update: Add Romania translation, thanks to "Dan Caragea"
* Update: Add Dutch translation, thanks to "At Voogt"
* Update: Add Chinese translation, thanks to "JIGE-HNM (iojpe dot com)"
* Update: Add Russian translation, thanks to @snakecom
* Tweak: Add some filters to customize authors list, thumbnail, excerpt
= 1.9.5 - 2017/02/08 =
* Fix: In some cases, HTML output of excerpt is broken when allows HTML tags in excerpt
* Improvement: More clear and simple label, text for some settings
* Update: Remove `` of Divi theme from excerpt
* Update: Hide empty `
` tag from excerpt (which can add unnecessary blank space to content area)
* Update: Add default font-style normal for link & button
= 1.9.4 - 2017/01/25 =
* New: Show link to add new View from Admin bar
= 188.8.131.52 - 2017/01/21 =
* Fix: Correct output of Scrollable list in Tablet devices
= 184.108.40.206 - 2017/01/11 =
* Update: simplify label of some settings in Add/Edit View page
* Improvement: simplify code base and improve performance of Grid, Collapsible List
* Improvement: some style adjustments for Scrollable List
= 220.127.116.11 - 2016/12/27 =
* Update: Save temporary View data to WordPress transient if SESSION is not available
* Improvement: Show all content of Collapsible list when printing
= 1.9.3 - 2016/11/22 =
* Improvement: Remove prefix "by", "in" (before taxonomy, author) to save translation effort
* Improvement: More accurate, time-saving mechanism to remove raw shortcodes text of other plugins in post content
* Fix: "View maybe not exist" error, caused by custom filter hook (which modifies `post_type` in WordPress query) of another plugin
= 18.104.22.168 - 2016/11/05 =
* Tweak: Update message when something went wrong, show exact error in Preview panel
* Tweak: Update description for keyword setting
* Tweak: Introduce filter "pt_cv_link_html" to modify HTML output of title, thumbnail, read-more button
= 1.9.2 - 2016/10/24 =
* Revert force_balance_tags() for item HTML wrapper, to prevent broken output
* Tweak: Remove unused functions
* Tweak: Introduce filter "pt_cv_pagination_text" to customize pagination text
= 1.9.1 - 2016/10/10 =
* Fix: XSS security flaw (a big thank to Tristan Madani)
* Tweak: Improve logic/coding in settings processing, view output functions
* Tweak: Update some descriptions in View dashboard
= 1.9.0 - 2016/09/19 =
* Update: Make excerpt length works with languages which don't use spaces between words
* Update: Validate session ID before using to prevent session hijacking
= 1.8.9 - August 19 2016 =
* New: Add wrapper for Grid items, to facilitate adding custom style (background color, border, padding, margin)
* Fix: W3C validator (duplicate ID "pt-cv-page-1")
* Update: Remove text of `[caption]` shortcode from excerpt
* Update: Clear `view_count` post meta & related functions
* Tweak: Change sort by option "Created date" to "Published date"
* Tweak: Remove filter "excerpt_clean_tags", add filter "tag_to_remove" to exclude content of any HTML tags from excerpt
= 1.8.8 - August 03 2016 =
* New: Able to edit **Read More** text
* Improvement: Minify and combine styles, scripts to save bandwidth and improve performance
* Fix: Excerpt (of content was built with **Page Builder by SiteOrigin** plugin) is not updated
* Fix: [Scrollable List] Indicators don't change active status
* Update: [Collapsible List] Allow HTML tags (`,
, , , , , , , , , ,
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...