Contributors: boldgrid, timph, rramo012, imh_brad, joemoto
Tags: seo, search engine optimization, content analysis, readability, boldgrid
Requires at least: 4.4
Tested up to: 5.3
Requires PHP: 5.3
Stable tag: 1.6.4
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Easy SEO helps you easily create keyword rich content and rank higher in the search engines.
== Description ==
= Automatically Optimize Your SEO with BoldGrid Easy SEO and Rank Higher in the Search Engines =
BoldGrid Easy SEO will help you create better content and rank higher in the search engines. It analyzes your page content in real-time and makes recommendations that will help you maintain best SEO practices. Simply set a target keyword or phrase and the BoldGrid Easy SEO dashboard will automatically give you easy-to-follow suggestions on improving your on-page SEO. Regardless of your SEO skill level or knowledge, BoldGrid Easy SEO provides simple, yet powerful tools for website search engine optimization. Get automatic assistance with:
= Optimal Keyword Density =
BoldGrid Easy SEO will analyze your content in real-time to ensure your targeted keyword appears at the optimal frequency, as well as in the right places on the page.
= Page Titles and Descriptions =
Control and optimize how your pages appear in Google rankings pages with the title and description editor. BoldGrid Easy SEO will also make sure your target keyword is included.
= Header Tags and Content =
BoldGrid Easy SEO will automatically analyze your header tags and give you recommendations on their proper usage, as well as assisting you with including relevant content.
= Image Alt Tags =
BoldGrid Easy SEO automatically checks your images for alt tags to help you identify areas for SEO improvement.
= Content Length =
Keyword rich content is a prime factor when search engines determine rankings. BoldGrid Easy SEO will assist you in writing better content by tracking your progress and alerting you when you've reached the sweet spot.
= Search Engine Indexing =
Allow (or disallow) search engines from indexing pages with a single click.
= Follow/No Follow Links =
Choose whether your links are visible to search engines and count toward your SEO, or hide them if necessary.
= Canonical URLs =
Avoid duplicate content penalties by indicating a canonical URL where applicable.
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= Where can I find more help? =
If you have any questions on getting started with BoldGrid Easy SEO, please visit our [Getting Started Guide](https://www.boldgrid.com/support/boldgrid-easy-seo/).
We also suggest joining our [Team Orange User Group community](https://www.facebook.com/groups/BGTeamOrange) for free support, tips and tricks.
For general questions check out our [Frequently Asked Questions](https://www.boldgrid.com/faqs/) page.
= Where can I report issues or ask questions? =
Bugs can be reported either in the [WordPress support forum](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/boldgrid-easy-seo) or in the [BoldGrid Support Center](https://www.boldgrid.com/support/questions/).
= How can I contribute? =
The BoldGrid Easy SEO plugin is open source software. Join in on our [GitHub repository](https://github.com/BoldGrid/boldgrid-seo/).
== Installation ==
= Minimum Requirements =
* PHP version 5.3 or greater
* WordPress 4.4 or greater
= From within WordPress =
1. Visit 'Plugins > Add New'
1. Search for 'BoldGrid Easy SEO'
1. Activate BoldGrid Easy SEO from your Plugins page.
= Manually =
1. Upload the entire boldgrid-easy-seo folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
1. Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
== Screenshots ==
1. Post and Page analysis.
2. Page titles and descriptions.
3. Search Visibility.
== Changelog ==
= 1.6.4 =
Release Date: December 17th, 2019
* Bug fix: Fixed empty robots tag.
* Update: Added filter to allow meta robots to be skipped and controlled via filter.
= 1.6.3 =
Release Date: August 20, 2019
* Bug fix: Fixed situations where markup for canonical URLs can be ouput multiple times. [#9](https://github.com/BoldGrid/boldgrid-seo/issues/9). Props [@jessecowens](https://profiles.wordpress.org/jessecowens/)
* Bug fix: Titles with markup should now be properly parsed. [#8](https://github.com/BoldGrid/boldgrid-seo/issues/8)
* Bug fix: Titles with commas had the commas turned into pipe seperators. [#7](https://github.com/BoldGrid/boldgrid-seo/issues/7)
* Update: Added missing translation string for archives with paginated pages. [#12](https://github.com/BoldGrid/boldgrid-seo/issues/12)
= 1.6.2 =
Release Date: February 14, 2019
* Bug fix: Conflict with Yoast SEO on classic editor
= 1.6.1 =
Release Date: January 29th, 2019
* Bug fix: Post image count not correct.
= 1.6.0 =
Release Date: December 4th, 2018
* New Feature: Added Gutenberg and WordPress 5 compatibility.
* Update: Max length for meta descriptions was updated to 300.
* Bug Fix: Save special chars for meta fields.
= 1.5.1 =
Release Date: November 14th, 2017
* Initial Release.
This simple plugin permanently redirects all 404's to the main blog URL.
Add an SVG image captcha and honeypot to your contact form 7 form.
A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments co...
Let we say that you have been told to add some custom code (HTML, JavaScrip...